The choir is selling Butter Braids! Orders are due on 9/24/18 and will be delivered to the school on 10/1/18. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Schade at email@example.com.
The musical for the 2018-2019 school year is Grease!
- Wednesday, September 27 from 3 – 5 PM in the Barr auditorium
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 – singing/acting – you will receive an audition time next week
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 – dance auditions – after school until 5 PM in the Barr auditorium
- Friday, October 5, 2018 – callbacks – after school until 4:30 PM
- Friday, November 20, 2018, 3 – 4:30 in the Barr auditorium
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 – 7:30 PM
- Friday, February 22, 2019 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 – 7:30 PM
The first choir booster meeting will be held in the choir room on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7 PM. Come to the meeting and find out about the choir booster organization and how you can be involved to support your choir student. Hope to see you there!
The deadline for banquet reservations has been extended to Friday, May 4th.
Five reasons to attend the choir banquet:
- Fun evening with good food, choir friends and Mr. Schade!
- See pictures and video from choir activities and the NYC trip.
- Senior students eat free & will be recognized.
- All students in attendance take home a gift.
- Door prizes!
For all of the graduating seniors, a new scholarship is available in memory of Jason Smith who graduated from Carlisle High School in 2009 and passed away this year in January. The Jason Smith Memorial Scholarship is for students who have “demonstrated the connection between music and kindness in a meaningful way” and must be used towards music education or equipment. Read the article on Cumberlink for more information, or contact Pat LaMarche of the Charles Bruce Foundation.
We invite you to the last choir concert of the school year, to be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. This concert features all of our choirs and begins at 7 PM in the Barr Auditorium. Come out for a wonderful evening of music and support our choir students!
A few choir reminders:
- The apparel store closes, Sunday, April 29th at midnight. Shop for your choir apparel.
- There is only one week left to get your reservation form turned in for the Choir Banquet. Forms must be received by Wednesday, May 2. Remember that senior students are free and will be recognized that night! Click here for the reservation form.
Congratulations to all the choir members involved in the CHS Shakespeare Troupe’s production of Merry Wives of Windsor! The show was amazing and everyone did a great job! For those who didn’t get to see it last night, there are shows tonight and Saturday in the Swartz auditorium, with the pre-show starting at 7:15 PM and the main show starting at 7:30 PM. Come out and support our very talented choir students and the rest of the cast of Merry Wives!
The next Choir Boosters meeting will be held Tuesday, April 17th at 7:00pm in the choir room. At this meeting we will be electing officers for the 2018-2019 school year. We will accept nominations from the floor for the positions of President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.
Also, don’t forget that Monday, April 16th from 4:00pm to 8:00pm is Chipotle Night! Bring in the attached flyer, show it on your phone or mention the CHS Choir and Chipotle will donate 50% of the proceeds! View the flyer here.
Lastly, be sure to check out the apparel store for some great Choir gear! The first deadline for orders is April 22nd, and the second deadline is April 29th. The store will then close until September. Click here to start shopping!