For all of the graduating seniors, a new scholarship is available in memory of Jason Smith who graduated from Carlisle High School in 2009 and passed away this year in January. The Jason Smith Memorial Scholarship is for students who have “demonstrated the connection between music and kindness in a meaningful way” and must be used towards music education or equipment. Read the article on Cumberlink for more information, or contact Pat LaMarche of the Charles Bruce Foundation.
Just a few updates/reminders from the costume committee:
- Appropriate clothing should be worn underneath costumes, specifically for quick changes. Girls should have nude colored camis and boy shorts and guys should have compression shorts.
- Girls should NOT have bare legs on stage; they should wear colored tights (if needed for the costume) or skin toned nylons.
- Guys need either dark socks or white (or both) depending on their costume.
- Student should have a container to keep their “stuff” to help keep the changing rooms more organized!
- Plastic hangers
- Hand soap and sanitizer
- Solid air fresheners
We are in need of tan Boy Scout shirts in size L or XL. If anyone has any that we can borrow, please contact Jody Hafner.
Update from Mr. Schade via Remind, Monday, January 29, 2018
- Adding to rehearsal today: What’s Next Scene, How it Ends, and Wedding scene
Updates from Mr. Schade via Remind
- Due to many conflicts, rehearsal has been cancelled for today, Friday, January 26. Look for an updated rehearsal schedule this weekend!
- Mrs. Gojoj is painting tomorrow morning, January 27, from 8 – 12 in the auditorium if you would like to come lend her a hand!
- If you have a bio in the program, they are due no later than tomorrow, January 27. Otherwise, you will just have a picture, name, and character.
- By popular demand, a baseball hat has been added to the musical apparel store. Reminder that the store closes January 29th.
- A few furniture items have been added to the Props sign up sheet – Matching nightstands, a small bedside chair and an old-style TV and cart.
From Mr. Schade via Remind
- 1/23 – Showdown/Start Over/Out There on the Road/Review Blocking A2S3 before Showdown;
A2S4, A2S5 before Start Over
- 1/24 – Be the Hero/What’s Next
- 1/25 – Fight the Dragons/All Circus
- 1/26 – Wedding Scene/How it Ends
- 1/29 – Processional/Final Scene of show
- 1/30 – USO scene with everyone involved, including scouts
- 1/31 – Act 2 Run through
- 2/1 – Final Choreography review in mirror room (full cast)
Just a reminder that there will be cast photos taken on Monday, January 22 at 4 PM. The headshots will be taken after the cast photo during rehearsal. Please dress nicely!
The last choir concert of the year is Tuesday, May 16, at 7PM in the Barr Auditorium. This concert includes Chamber Singers, Bel Canto Singers, and Concert Choir. Come out for an enjoyable evenings of music and support our choir students!
If you would like to attend the choir banquet on May 23, you still have one more opportunity to RSVP. Forms and payment must be handed in to Mr. Schade tomorrow, Monday, May 15 by 9 AM. Click here for the RSVP form.